Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Little Update of One of the Best Nights...

So, since I took a 6 hour (yep 6 hour) nap this afternoon and let's face it, I'm never sleeping again, I figgered I'd tell you about my night last night. For Christmas/My birthday, Jake bought me some tickets to a Jazz game. He bought them after I begged him to for like 2 weeks. If you know me, it's a little weird that I would beg someone to take me to a sporting event, sports just aren't my thing. At all. But for whatever reason (aka the amazingly hot players) I love the Jazz.
The plan was originally that we would leave at 4:00 and have plenty of time to get to Salt Lake and watch the game at 7. Then I looked up the times that the Frontrunner went and we decided to shoot for the one that left Ogden at 4:16. I thought this would be no problem. Then the snow came. For the record, I hated snow looong before yesterday but I hate it even more now. We managed to leave town at 3:45ish which in the crappy winter weather and my ghetto Toyota was pushing it. We got about three miles away from the house when Jake asked me if I got the tickets. It's a good thing he did because... I had totally spaced it. We turn back around and as we do my mom calls. She was offering to let us take her car with 4 wheel drive. I wasn't one to object. So we head home and on the way decide there is no way that we are going to make the 4:16 train and will leave on the 5:16 one instead.
Everything went fine on the way to the station. We get to the station, it is snowing/raining, I'm trying my best to preserve my hair. I rarely do my hair nicely and when I do it seems like there's always bad weather to try and destroy it, let's just say my umbrella was my bff last night. After getting out of the car, I head over to the little station that you buy the tickets from. By the time I get to the ticket station, my pants are soaked almost to my knees and my shoes have a lake inside them (On a side note, never ever wear Converses, or in my case mock Converses, in a rain/snow storm. Bad, bad idea.) Cursing the horrible weather, I wait while Jake buys his ticket and I get ready to buy mine. Cue insane ticket Nazi man. He freaks out when he finds out that Jake and I are traveling together and bought our tickets separately. Apparently we could have payed $13.50 for a group pass instead of the $9.50 we paid each. I admit wholeheartedly that this sucks but we had already bought Jake's ticket so there wasn't much we could do. It didn't stop this man from being thoroughly mad at us. So you can see why I would be a little bit stressed and trying to just get my ticket and get on the train. It shouldn't be a problem, I have cash, I've selected my destination, I go to put my $10 bill in the machine... and it won't take it. Stupid weather. I had taken the bill out of my purse while Jake was buying his ticket and in the time it took me to select my ticket, it had gotten completely soaked.
I'm freaking out because the only other cash I have on me is a couple of ones. We decide to head over to the bus station to see if I can trade my crappy ten for a nice crisp one. This sounds like a reasonable solution, the bus station is very close. Lies, they have a buttload of fences that make you walk all sorts of different directions in the cold and the rain and the slush. Finally, after trudging through that nastiness we get to the bus station. It's closed. What the heck?! Who closes a bus station on a Saturday afternoon. Lame, lame lame! As I'm slowing realizing that my dream of seeing the Jazz could very well be unrealistic, Jake "suddenly" remembers that he just happens to have 10 one dollar bills. Thanks Jake, for making me walk all the way in the frigid cold to the bus station.
We rush back over to the ticket station, I buy my ticket, taking forever with the one dollar bills, (I even had the train lady come and ask me if she could help)causing quite a lineup behind me, and run to the safety of the train. We manage to find a seat by ourselves with a little table.
Fast forward 3 train stops. Train is very cramped and noisy. I've spent the past half hour listening to some guy across the aisle talk about the Jazz nonstop like he's part of the team. I about punched him in the face when he started making fun of Hayward. Lots of people get on the train including a woman with her millions of kids. Really I think there was only three but it seemed like a lot at the time. She asks to sit next to us and since I can't really say no, I let her. This whole time, Jake has been texting his gf and I've just kind of been sitting there listening to a 5 year old down the train telling your mommma jokes and laughing to myself. I then get a text from my dad and answer it. I look up and see the million kids lady glaring at me. She then asks if Jake and I are really texting each other across the table. Like it's her business if we even are! I reply no, and try to avoid eye contact for the rest of the ride.
We get to Salt Lake and the Delta Center (I know it's the Energy Solutions Arena, but really that takes too long to type and it will always be the Delta Center to me.) Get a few snacks, btw pretzel bites aren't that great from there, and sit down in our seats. CLEAR up in the balcony. I start to feel my head spin as I realize how far up I really am. I try not to concentrate on that fact. Then the players come out and I really don't care how far up I am. This is what I came here for.
I know this post should mostly be about the game but I don't really know how to describe that part. It was pretty sweet. There was a lot of action. The Jazz won. I got to listen to the drunk guy behind me yell at the refs with slurred speech. I got to watch the drunk people in front of my dance to Enrique and LMFAO. Needless to say, I was not void of entertainment.
After the game, we walked to the Trax station to get to the Frontrunner station. Holy insanity. I've never seen so many people packed into a little Trax car. My claustrophobia was at an all time high and my whole fear of people touching me was screwed. We had no choice but to get on or else I wouldn't have. Luckily the ride was only a couple of blocks. Then we got to the Frontrunner, and it was like Black Friday. I had to run through the slush to get us a seat. Me, running, plus slush don't make such a hot couple. Luckily, there were no accidents and I managed to snag two empty seats. The ride home was pretty uneventful, Jake fell asleep and started whimpering and I tried not to fall asleep.
To wrap this all up I think we need a little Hayward time. As Jake said 20 times last night "Just look at those shoulders"

And here's me b-b-balling

No comments:

Post a Comment