Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer in the City

So seeing as how I haven't written on here in like 4 months I figured I would kind of update what's going on around here. A few months back I decided that my main goal in life right now would be to graduate early. To do this it meant that I had to take 5 online classes during the summer. At the time, this sounded like a breeze, in reality, not so much. Online classes definitely aren't the right learning method for me. But hopefully if I plow through them I will be able to graduate November 23rd! Happy, happy day! So that's pretty much what I've been doing this summer. I also spent a lovely week in Vernal with my sister. Besides me dying of allergies, it was pretty bomb diggity. I love my Meech and I love any time that I can spend with her and her charming cackle. As for my little puppy Roo, well she's not so little anymore. We found out the first time the irrigation came that she is an absolute water dog. We can't keep her out of the water. We have a big tub that we put her water in so she can drink out of it and she just sits there and splashes and barks at it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was the first time I ever heard her bark was at that water. We decided after that to take her to Bear Lake to see how she liked that. At first she wasn't so sure about the deep water where she couldn't touch, (refer to the bruises on my arms, legs, and stomach) I think the drunk ladies with their Bud cans didn't help this, but then we found a water bottle for her to retrieve and she was all over it. The dog can retrieve stuff for hours. It's definitely the Lab in her. We also got Aspen a little buddy in the middle of July. It's a little German Shorthair for my dad to hunt with. Her name is Keya, I think. I'm just kidding we've changed it about 4 times but this time it is definitely Keya. She's a feisty little thing. She tries to fight Aspen but Aspen just lays down on her and that kind of ends the fight because then we have to pick up Aspen (which is not an easy feat) before she suffocates Keya. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that's all that's been happening around here besides the usual. So, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment