Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quote Pictures

So I pinned an idea similar to these on Pinterest but when it came down to making them, I changed my mind and did it my own way. I mostly like the way they turned out and I love having one of my favorite quotes by Audrey Hepburn in my Breakfast at Tiffany's themed room. These are great to add a personal detail to any room.

You can't really see from this picture but it says "Paris is always a good idea."

So first off, supplies. You're going to need:
1. Canvas, I just bought a three pack from Walmart, they were pretty thin and only cost about $4.
2. Paint, I chose the acrylic paint that's in the craft section, it's like a dollar a piece, I used the Plaid brand kind in Licorice, Vintage White,and Medium Gray.
3. Paint brushes, I got a 25 pack of brushes that I think were around $5
4. Stencils, I used a pack of 2" letter stencils that were by the paint in the craft section they were about $4.

After you have your supplies, you'll want to figure out what patterns you want to do on each painting. This takes a little mapping out because you have to decide what colors will show up on what with your letters, I should have thought this out a little more on the "always" picture. I do like that my patterns are all so different. I chose to do a zigzag, polka dots, and splatter on mine. Using the same colors helps tie them together so don't worry about your patterns being too different.

Next paint your patterns on your canvas, allow proper time to dry before painting letters on. The next step is very important. Trust I know because I skipped it.

Map out your letter before you start painting!!! I didn't do this on the "always" on and it looks a little funky with the s on the next line. Once you have you letters situated the way you want them, start painting them on. Be sure to hold onto the stencil tightly to avoid smearing. And voila! You have yourself an awesome quote to put on your wall!

Individual shots:




No comments:

Post a Comment