Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hunger Games aka How Suzanne Collins Got Me Addicted to a Substance Stronger Than Crack

So I read the first book in Hunger Games a few weeks ago and I was like, ok that was good, probably not one of my favorite books but definitely worth reading. Then I got my lazy butt to the movie last night and something snapped. For the past 24 hours I have pretty much lived and breathed Hunger Games. How bad is it? I started reading this morning and pretty much haven't stopped, finished Catching Fire about an hour ago. At one point in the day I realized I needed to pee but told myself I was going to finish that chapter before I went. I think this was around 1:00 or 2:00ish. Yeah, didn't realize that I hadn't gone yet until like 5:30 or 6:00. You know you have a problem when you but bodily functions on hold.
I think my problem is that dang Peeta. He's too lovable with his little butt chin. And his stupid confessions of love to Katniss every five minutes. I still can't believe he's the kid on RV. Before I started reading, I had heard everyone going off about how they were all Team Peeta. In my rebellious, non-conformist head I thought, there is no way in Hades I'm ever going to like Peeta. Team Gale all the way! And then I read the first book. Sold. I about died when was being interviewed by Caesar Flickerman. Plus the fact that I'm talking like a 14 year old girl about characters in books like they're my best friends prove I've kind of lost it. The real reason I'm writing this is I'm looking for distractions to keep me from started the third book because we all know if I start it now I won't stop until it's done and I have to work tomorrow morning. Haha so I just was looking up a picture of Peeta to put on here because what's a blog post without some pictures, and there's an article about Josh Hutcherson being amazed at all his "Peetaphile" fans. So officially I just thought that I should admit I believe I'm on the verge of becoming a Peetaphile :) Also, I'm ending this before it gets any more obsessive than it already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment